By PHLproducer
Wow, think twice before getting a birthday cake from Sinfully Delicious in Brookhaven! The stuff is more like, Sinfully AWFUL after two tries now.
Several weeks after they opened back a few years ago I bought six danish on a Saturday afternoon for the next Sunday morning. They had mold on the bottoms. When I called and spoke to Andrew, the owner, the response was "okay". Not even an apology or refund offer except, come in and we'll give you a replacement.
Then, yesterday I picked up a b'day cake ordered as "white cake w/choc icing". The cake was a YELLOW cake with a MOCHA buttercream icing and so dry no one could eat it. Again, I called this a.m. and spoke w/Andrew and said it was disappointing that the cake wasn't what I ordered and was too dry to eat ($22.25 too!)! Guess what the response was? "Okay". I said, WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO? His response? "Come on in and we'll give you some stuff". This guy is a poor excuse for a businessman. I didn't even have the energy to go further. Bottom line, don't waste your money at this joke of a bakery!
Sorry but I completely disagree with you. I have purchased cakes there including two huge ones for 40th birthdays and multiple random smaller ones for family events all the time and have not once had a bad experience there. I purchase the smaller individual offerings for school and office parties and each one is delicious. Andrew is friendly and personable as is his staff. The kids love going there for both ice cream and to participate in the gingerbread house building he offers during Christmas. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience but I assure you that is the exception to the rule.
Oh good, glad you have great experience at that place. Sorry, but one time can be looked past, twice...nahh, too many other choices. Furthermore, Andrew certainly is nice--I agree. But certainly not the best in customer service. One would hope he may see some self-improvement in that area.
Caio...