By Tina
February 21, 2010

Tina Johnson wants to make history by becoming the first Democratic Challenger in a Democratic Primary for the 159th District in Delaware County PA.
Chester —Tina Johnson is excited to announce that she will run to become the next State Representative for the 159th District for the Democratic Party. This is history in the making, since never before has a Democratic Primary in 159th District been contested. Johnson said that when she thinks about this, she feels gratified by the opportunity to bring the democratic process to the race simply by throwing her hat into the ring.
“Although I come in as the challenger, the political and social environment seems to be working in my favor,” Johnson said. “My candidacy has excited people about the fact that they have an option, that their issues will be discussed, and that they will have a real choice when they vote to decide who will serve them in the State Capitol.”
Beginning February 16th, Johnson will have three weeks to collect the signatures of 300 registered voters in the 159th District to help get her name on the ballot. Johnson’s goals are to get 300 or more signatures while reaching out to the people in her community to let them know that there is a viable option this coming election to help address the needs of everyone in the 159th District (City of Chester, Townships of Chester, Lower Chichester, Ridley (PART, Ward 02 [PART, Division 02]) and Upper Chichester (PART, Ward 02 [PART, Division 02]) and the BOROUGHS of Eddystone, Marcus Hook, Parkside, Trainer and Upland).
The deadline to get signatures to Harrisburg is March 9th 2010 for the May 18th 2010 primary. You can learn more about Tina Johnson and her campaign by visiting www.tinajohnson2010.com
For more information, contact Nessie Johnson at 215.494.6423 or info@tinajohnson2010.com.

# # # #