By astontibs
I went to this rally in DC over the weekend. What an uplifting and amazing event. The stories of the exceptional special operations warfighters who were wounded in battle and the buddies they left behind was extremely moving. The rally raised over $1 million dollars that day for the Special Operations Warrior Fund (SOWF) which ensures the children of special operations troops killed in battle receive a college education. There was much more than that at this rally, but this is what stood out for me.
That and the fact that everyone in the crowd of 500,000 plus was extremely friendly and polite. When we left, there was not one piece of trash on the ground.
On the lighter side, there were some awesome T-shirts out there.
Did anyone else on the forum attend?
By paesano
Sorry couldn't make it, I was up in Aston supporting the local event, along with the Leathernecks cause for the support of our troops!
By norton
Sieg Heil Leginald
By pinkie1978
Leginald wrote:http://crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2010/08/Beck-MLK_flow-chart.jpg

Left can not stand a religious rally.
By paesano
They have nothing to stand for, the left don’t even take the side of their own president ,you can see them jumping from the bus.
You see the Bush card is not working any more so they will throw out the racist and bigot cards now. I don't have to metion any names, just look :shock:
By pinkie1978
paesano wrote:They have nothing to stand for, the left don’t even take the side of their own president ,you can see them jumping from the bus.
You see the Bush card is not working any more so they will throw out the racist and bigot cards now. I don't have to metion any names, just look :shock:

AMEN!
By Jason747
Okay, schools back in kiddies.

1. There were 80,000 at the rally, not 500,000.

2. Beck is a conman. Just google him to see he is an alcoholic and divorcee who failed at everything. He hit upon telling wanna bes like you what they want to hear. There is not a true religious bone in his body, never has been. He is getting paid, good for him. He is an actor and you are fools.

3. The "left" actually has free thinkers. So yes, they are pushing Obama and not going to be blind partisans like the right. The right are all sheep who are afraid to toot if it would anger Rush.

4. Our families men, like every Mass Democrat I know, served in the military, no divorces, no arrests, no DUIs. We will vote for a Repub like Brown if he seems honest, we are not sheep to anyone like you are supporting dumbos like Beck and Palin. Honest hard working yankees who go to church and actually live the honest life....unlike every right wing wanna be who is actually an alcoholic, pill popping, in the closet fem, draft dodger like Rush and Beck and Ashcroft and Cheney and on and on.

Now once again, return to you fantasy bizarro world where the right wing would know morals and Jesus if it bit them in the arse. Enjoy.