By hustler
Too bad they closed Haverford State Hospital. Now Norristown has the only Mental Ward in the county and they have a waiting list.
By BigGabber
I honestly thought that rally was a joke. Glen Beck are you kidding me. Every other word out of his mouth is a bold face lie. Piggy Palin needs to disappear too. What a joke.
By Leginald
Jason747 wrote:Okay, schools back in kiddies.

1. There were 80,000 at the rally, not 500,000.

2. Beck is a conman. Just google him to see he is an alcoholic and divorcee who failed at everything. He hit upon telling wanna bes like you what they want to hear. There is not a true religious bone in his body, never has been. He is getting paid, good for him. He is an actor and you are fools.

3. The "left" actually has free thinkers. So yes, they are pushing Obama and not going to be blind partisans like the right. The right are all sheep who are afraid to toot if it would anger Rush.

4. Our families men, like every Mass Democrat I know, served in the military, no divorces, no arrests, no DUIs. We will vote for a Repub like Brown if he seems honest, we are not sheep to anyone like you are supporting dumbos like Beck and Palin. Honest hard working yankees who go to church and actually live the honest life....unlike every right wing wanna be who is actually an alcoholic, pill popping, in the closet fem, draft dodger like Rush and Beck and Ashcroft and Cheney and on and on.

Now once again, return to you fantasy bizarro world where the right wing would know morals and Jesus if it bit them in the arse. Enjoy.

Wow. Bravo is all I can say.
By Boro Friend
The politically correct crowd with their liberal ideology has had control of the agenda mantel for so long that the majority of people in this country thought that they where alone in their thinking and conceded almost everything in their way of life starting with the way their kids where getting educated to the expected conduct of their everyday lives. 5000,000 people on the Mall and another 100,000 people trying to keep track of the event though the computer confirms two schools of thought for me. One they where never standing alone in their thinking and two they are not going to take it anymore. The genie is out of the bottle and it is not going back. Real change is about to sweep this nation and none too soon.
By astontibs
Jason747 wrote:Okay, schools back in kiddies.

1. There were 80,000 at the rally, not 500,000.

2. Beck is a conman. Just google him to see he is an alcoholic and divorcee who failed at everything. He hit upon telling wanna bes like you what they want to hear. There is not a true religious bone in his body, never has been. He is getting paid, good for him. He is an actor and you are fools.

3. The "left" actually has free thinkers. So yes, they are pushing Obama and not going to be blind partisans like the right. The right are all sheep who are afraid to toot if it would anger Rush.

4. Our families men, like every Mass Democrat I know, served in the military, no divorces, no arrests, no DUIs. We will vote for a Repub like Brown if he seems honest, we are not sheep to anyone like you are supporting dumbos like Beck and Palin. Honest hard working yankees who go to church and actually live the honest life....unlike every right wing wanna be who is actually an alcoholic, pill popping, in the closet fem, draft dodger like Rush and Beck and Ashcroft and Cheney and on and on.

Now once again, return to you fantasy bizarro world where the right wing would know morals and Jesus if it bit them in the arse. Enjoy.

OK Jason and Leginald, have you seen the pictures of the mall during the rally? While we will never know the exact amount, compare the pictures of 8/28 against other similar rallys and look at the estimated people count. While 500,000 may be an overestimate, I suspect it was much closer to that number than 80,000.
Yes Beck had a dark time in his life which he has rebounded from spectacularly and made him a stronger person. How do you know if he has religion? Were you at the rally, did you watch the tape of the rally? I sincerely doubt you or Big Gabber did. I am a fool, a sheep, have no morals?? You don't even know me, you weren't there, I was, so maybe you should shut the F up.
I myself am not religious, I believe in a higher being, I'll call him God, because I believe there has to be something out there. I interpreted Beck's words as being a moral compass, guidelines to live your life by. On that note, I apologize for my cross words directed at you in the paragraph above because I attacked you and not your ideas which is the credo I live by.

Phaedrus, why not Special Operations? He had to pick one cause and that was it. There was a cause for the regular grunts Sunday at Memories Grill, I donated to that cause also. Did you donate to either one?
By Phaedrus
No, I did not donate to either one. As for the Beck rally, I don't have a problem with conservatives wanting to be religious. I do have a problem with people who seek to impose their religious values on me and that's what the Beck rally sounded like to me.
By astontibs
Phaedrus that's OK. We can't all give to every cause out there or we would go broke. Believe me when things get preachy I head for the exits. Beck's rally did talk about God and religion, and if you were religious that is the way you would interpret it. I am not, so I interpreted it as moral values to live your life by.
By Leginald
So the fact that 90% of Glenn Beck's life has been one long failed practical joke on society is totally okay now that he's embraced his right-wing religious zealotry, okay enough for you to show up at a rally in his honor and make him your false idol for the day? Yet Barack Obama, whose life and deeds can only be described as spectacular, who has embraced his Christianity since adolescence, gets a permanent "hate" brand because of... what, again? Some nonsense Fox News told you about hanging out with a radical christian when he was younger?

This is why we can't be friends.