By TheWhiteWizard
Speaking of mergers, I live in Upper Chi Twp. and just got the fund drive letter. First of all, your timing could not be better...right in the beginning of the holidays. Second, it says "Upper Chichester Township Volunteer Fire Company" and goes to a PO Box in Boothwyn. I have a couple of questions for someone who (hopefully) will know.

1. IF I do decide to donate to this, will it be given to my local fire dept., or will it be divided amongst all three? Or will it go into one general fund?
2. Are all the companies running as one company, with mutual funding, staffing, vehicles, etc?

Thanks for your time.
By scoop
I'm pretty sure that each Upper Chi Fire Dept runs itself. I believe that they have their own treasurers and set of officers. All three of the fire departments list actual addresses on their web sites, none of them list P.O. boxes. You may want to just contact one of the fire companies to verify that it's not a scam and to verify which fire company your donation is going to.
By Johnny Sack
Hello;

I am close to this situation and can tell you that in Upper Chichester we have 3 fire company's. Boothwyn, Ogden and Reliance who do a joint fund drive, the money goes to one PO box that the fund raising committee has access to and they have a fund raising bank account where the money goes to and is deposited. The money is split into 3 equal portions and distributed to the the 3 fire companies. I know that the 07 fire fund drive went out later than normal because of an error on the company that produces the mail piece. The Fire company's send out in the fall. They do it together so you only get 1 fund drive letter and not 4

The EMS fund drive goes out in the spring and is ran by the Boothwyn Fire Company. This is because Boothwyn Provides the ambulance service to the township and gets no funding. They offer a subscription program to save paying any out of pocket money. Boothwyn Fire company is registered with the charities registration for PA.

Both the fire and EMS fund drives the fire company's pay a company a per piece price to create the mail piece and send it out for them the money does go directly to the fire company's. We do not phone solicit ever. Those people are crooks. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact your one of the fire companies.

Charities Web site http://web.dos.state.pa.us/cgi-bin/Char ... r_form.cgi
any time you are in question look up the charity here by zip code
By Johnny Sack
All 3 FD are seporate entities with one common goal.

Boothwyn has 1 Engine, 1 Engine rescue, mini rescue and 2 ambulances they respond to accidents or rescue calls by them selves Building/residential dwelling fires natural gas leaks.

Ogden has 2 engines a brush truck and they respond to brush calls by themselves and handle with reliance fuel spills, dumpsters and a few other types of minor calls and they also respond to Building/residential dwelling fires natural gas leaks.

Reliance has a tower ladder, squirt, engine and a chiefs car or command vehicle. They handle wires calls on their own and minor calls with Ogden and respond to Building/residential dwelling fires natural gas leaks.

Each company has their own set or fire line officers and every year a fire chief from one of the three fire companies act as Upper Chichester Township Fire Chief and is in charge of all fire ground operations.

All Upper Chichester firefighters are Volunteers and do not get paid.