Discussion and debate over the National or State level political scenes. Please use individual community level forums for Local political discussion.
California Students Sent Home for Wearing U.S. Flags on Cinco de Mayo

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/ca ... inco-mayo/

Here is what you need to think about. Here is what is wrong with this picture, besides the issue of the First Amendment. Is there a concern that Irish-American students would be upset if some wore an American flag on St. Patrick's Day? Is there a concern that German-American students would be upset if some wore an American flag during Oktoberfest?

Another question you should ask yourself. Would the Mexican government ever tolerate large scale and widespread celebration of the 4th of July by students in Mexico?? Would the Mexican government permit significant numbers of students wearing the American flag to school during the 4th of July?
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:California Students Sent Home for Wearing U.S. Flags on Cinco de Mayo

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/ca ... inco-mayo/

Here is what you need to think about. Here is what is wrong with this picture, besides the issue of the First Amendment. Is there a concern that Irish-American students would be upset if some wore an American flag on St. Patrick's Day? Is there a concern that German-American students would be upset if some wore an American flag during Oktoberfest?

Another question you should ask yourself. Would the Mexican government ever tolerate large scale and widespread celebration of the 4th of July by students in Mexico?? Would the Mexican government permit significant numbers of students wearing the American flag to school during the 4th of July?

Reverse discrimination... So common and so sad for this country.
On the issue of immigration reform. Reform cannot happen until the border is secure. That must happen FIRST! We cannot continue to have people continuing to enter the USA undocumented. That must stop immediately. Once the border is secure, THEN and only THEN, can we deal with the issue of legalization.

President Obama has failed to secure the border. Arizona was left with no choice but to do what Arizona had to do; to start enforcing security on it's border. However, Republicans are also to blame. President GW Bush also failed to secure the border.

The question we need to ask ourselves. We can secure the border between North and South Korea. Yet we cannot secure our own southern border? What's up with that?
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:On the issue of immigration reform. Reform cannot happen until the border is secure. That must happen FIRST! We cannot continue to have people continuing to enter the USA undocumented. That must stop immediately. Once the border is secure, THEN and only THEN, can we deal with the issue of legalization.

President Obama has failed to secure the border. Arizona was left with no choice but to do what Arizona had to do; to start enforcing security on it's border. However, Republicans are also to blame. President GW Bush also failed to secure the border.

The question we need to ask ourselves. We can secure the border between North and South Korea. Yet we cannot secure our own southern border? What's up with that?

Because the American people have a Lib President! What a waste.............
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:President Obama has failed to secure the border. Arizona was left with no choice but to do what Arizona had to do; to start enforcing security on it's border. However, Republicans are also to blame. President GW Bush also failed to secure the border.

They don't want the border secure. There are entire industries that depend on the inflow of illegal immigrants. The economy would take (another) serious hit if that happened, and that's the last thing anyone wants right now.
Stinky Pete wrote:There are entire industries that depend on the inflow of illegal immigrants.

Ah yes! The very violent and very lucrative illegal drug and human traffic trades. I also say this. To all of you people on the Left who enjoy smoking cannabis; your habit supports this violence. People on the right do not typically smoke cannabis. I shake my head at the audacity of those who preach peace and love from the "smoking" crowd. These same people call people like me "hate mongers".

I think there is also a secondary problem, but also a very big problem, that is getting very little press. Why? Because neither the Mexican or US government has an easy answer for it. Yet, it is a very real problem indeed! Since so many Mexican nationals have been allowed to cross the border in such mass numbers, and propagate. There is a very big logistical problem of returning them to Mexican soil. The Mexican government does not have the resourses to take back all of it's expatriated citizens. The Mexican government has it's hands full just trying to take care of things within it's own border, let alone trying to take care of returning millions of Mexicans outside it's border. The Mexican government does not have the resources to provide all the necessary public services.

The solution is still the same. Seal the border! Stop the flow of illegals. After the border is sealed, we can begin a case by case basis of which Mexican citizens can stay. We keep the Mexicans who do honest work; which I believe most of them are. Send back the criminal element we don't need.
ElephantInTheRoom wrote:Ah yes! The very violent and very lucrative illegal drug and human traffic trades. I also say this. To all of you people on the Left who enjoy smoking cannabis; your habit supports this violence. People on the right do not typically smoke cannabis. I shake my head at the audacity of those who preach peace and love from the "smoking" crowd. These same people call people like me "hate mongers".

What? Those weren't exactly the industries I had in mind....